Saturday, January 10, 2009

1st class at Little Neuro Tree

My parents had been to the preview class last wkend and decided to enrol me. Hopefully I get to know more friends and learn and enjoy school. During the preview, I was abit grumpy at first cos I just woke up. But the presenter was friendly and managed to captured my attention. He gave me a balloon to play too.

Anyway toking about first class. Today it is the mandarin lesson. Overall, I feel the pace, class structure just right. There are lots of activites packed together, each causing few min. As they say young toddlers like me tend to lose interest fast. there another school of thot that say we learn things rather fast so eg like flashing cards, we only focus on the pictures so can be done fast.

Upon entering the class room, I find myself a seat and sit down. Behind is another seat which is my mama seat. She was supposed to be together with me guiding me with the work teacher give.

I was waiting for my classmates so mummy gave me cars to play. But when class starts, I refuse to let go. but teacher Huiyi play chinese songs and flash cards and caught my attention. I looked.

Then one classmate came in and sit beside me. Teacher greeted us and showed us the date and weather written on the board. After that, there was a series of activites. Some I like some not really.

Acivities include:

1) taking bird pictures with toy camera and identifying the birds. Return camera to teacher to "develop" and teacher will give them photos and recap the birds name.

2) Sing songs like "2 tigers" with flash cards. There are also raining songs, weather, 1-10, 11-20 and counting steps flash cards.

3) Using scissors to cut "vegetables" (playdoh). return scissors using the spectacle method. (homework)

4) Identifying raindrops, touch and feel (homework include colouring of raindrops)

5) differentiating big and small objects by placing in the correct house

6) memory games. Put different cards in each pocket and ask us to guess where is the correct card place.

7) Given a house with many items like watch and bag, To ask us if this is a watch, (in mandarin of cos) This is to let us say yes or no. (in mandarin)

After 1 hr, finally we sing goodbye song. I hug teacher tightly and give her a fan kiss.

We then went to bugis junction to shop. We went to play play doh (haha finally my dad allow!) and scissors for my homework. By the time I on my way home, I slept in the car until reach home. Very tired. Woke up at home and eat lunch. Next week is English lesson. Hopefully I fare better.

No comments:

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Boy Am I Growing!